Helping You Protect What Matters
A native Georgian, Debbie Crosby Pelerose was born in 1960 in Macon Georgia. Debbie moved to the Atlanta area in 1966 and grew up in Smyrna, Georgia, graduating from Wills High School in 1978.
Debbie attended Emory University in Atlanta beginning in 1978 and graduating in 1981. In 1981, she was accepted at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. She graduated from law school in 1984 in the top third of her class.
In 1981, Debbie married her husband Ron Pelerose, and they currently reside in Marietta, Georgia with their two sons.
Debbie began practicing in the Decatur law firm of L. Lynn Hanna & Associates in 1984, which relocated to Marietta, Georgia in 1986, and subsequently became Hanna & Pelerose. In 1992, Debbie opened her own practice, Debbie Crosby Pelerose, P.C., and she has continued to practice in the Atlanta-metropolitan area.
Debbie has handled all aspects of cases in the family law/domestic relations area since she began practicing law in Georgia in 1984, representing husbands, wives, and grandparents. This has included complicated property division cases as well as complex custody matters. She has also handled personal injury actions, juvenile court matters, commercial litigation and misdemeanor criminal matters during that time. Debbie is a certified Guardian Ad Litem and has handled many cases on behalf of minor children in the Georgia courts.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1984
- Emory University
- BA - 1981
- Major: Political Science
- L. Lynn Hanna & Associates, formerly Hanna & Pelerose, Partner, 1984 to 1992
- Cobb County Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Bar - Family Law, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia
Current Employment Position
- Child Support Modifications
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Child Custody
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Civil Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Georgia, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia