The Reliable Advice & Representation You & Your Family Need Over 30 Years of Knowledge & Practical Experience That Your Case Deserves

Marietta Modifications Attorney

Changing Divorce Agreements When Life Changes

Life will nearly always change at some point following an initial divorce order. Fortunately, a process exists to allow either party to petition for a modification. Whether the other party has relocated, failed to pay child support or alimony, or your own circumstances have changed, speaking with a Marietta modifications lawyer is in your best interest. At Debbie Crosby Pelerose, P.C., we can help you request a modification to a divorce or settlement agreement.

We can handle all types of modifications, including:

  • Child custody and visitation
  • Child support payments
  • Alimony payments

Seek assistance from our firm to start the process. Call us today at (770) 749-7289.

Can Child Custody & Visitation Be Modified?

If it can be demonstrated to the court that a change to child custody or visitation would be in the child's best interest, it is possible to seek a modification. This could include circumstances such as the other parent of your child being abusive towards them, the other parent having addiction issues which have come to light, or any other harmful circumstances your child may be exposed to. Modifications can also be made if child custody circumstances have improved, such as if you only have visitation rights but now want to seek primary custody.

Assistance for Child Support & Alimony Modifications

Child support or alimony payments made on a periodic basis may be subject to modification. Certain circumstances must have changed in order to make adjustments or terminate payments, in the case of alimony. For example, if the receiving party of alimony payments has now started to make significantly more money, the alimony agreement may be modified. When it comes to child support payments, you must be able to prove substantial changes in financial circumstances for an adjustment.

A few common reasons to seek modifications to child support include:

  • A significant change in income after divorce
  • State child support laws have changed
  • One parent has become disabled
  • One parent has been incarcerated
  • The child's needs have changed

Our Marietta modifications lawyer at Debbie Crosby Pelerose, P.C. has 30 years of experience handling all types of family law matters. We have a thorough understanding of child custody, child support, alimony, and other court orders, which can be used to help seek modifications.

Do not hesitate to give us a call at (770) 749-7289 to make an appointment.

We Are Ready to Speak With You Today

Call (770) 749-7289 or Fill Out the Form Below
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.